The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes 2.0 Update
In the last Nintendo Direct we were shown new footage from the upcoming 2.0 update for Tri Force Heroes. This is a free download and should be available Wednesday, December 2nd after 6PM PT / 8PM CT / 9PM ET. In order to use the online multiplayer features of the game, all users are required to download the update. Here’s what’s new in version 2.0:
- Den of Trials will be added.
Over 30 stages will be unlocked in the Den of Trials (each one goes progressively deeper underground).
- 2 new outfits will be added.
These will be unlocked after clearing certain requirements in the game.
- A new method for obtaining Friendly Tokens will be added.
Friendly Tokens can be obtained from the street vendor after Princess Styla’s curse has been lifted.
- Miiverse stamps will be added.
- Players with similar styles of play will be matched up (teamed up) more frequently during online play.
Users will be matched up with other players based on their answers to a series of questions prior to being matched up.
- Users will be able to add other users to their blacklist if they exit the game through the pause menu during the game.
After their teammate exits the game, users will be able to add them to their blacklist by tapping the teammate’s Hero Panel and pressing the A (or B) button before saving the game.
- Adjustments will also be made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published across a wide spectrum of media sites. He’s currently the Editor-In-Chief of Nintendo Times and contributes to Gaming Age.