It’s almost time! Next Tuesday (September 20) is the release of Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse for the Nintendo 3DS. It’s been one of the greatest years ever for Japanese RPGs on 3DS, and Atlus is adding more quality gaming to the portable. If you need any extra hype to keep you satiated for the next seven days, check out the new full trailer below!
For more information, including screens and videos, read our preview.
It’s almost time to traverse the dangerous wasteland of post-apocalyptic Tokyo once again. We can’t send you in there cold, so watch our launch trailer to warm up for some demon hunting action and Machiavellian schemes involving powerful gods!Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse overlaps with the events of Shin Megami Tensei IV, but don’t worry if you haven’t played the original game. Apocalypse features a new demon hunter protagonist, nicknamed Nanashi, who SPOILER ALERT (not really), gets killed in the beginning of the game by a very fabulous demon. However, the god Dagda has other plans and resurrects Nanashi as his personal Godslayer in story full of divine intrigue. Let’s just say that when you’ve been appointed as someone’s Godslayer, you’re probably going to be getting into some trouble.The game features:
- Divine Intrigue – Choose between peace or anarchy while being a pawn in the gods’ chess game.
- Combat Partners – Hunting demons is dangerous, so count on some backup! Alongside the standard three demons, players will be able to rely on one of seven partners to help win battles.
- Oodles of Demons – Be on your guard because Tokyo is infested with a series record 450+ demons to fight, fuse, or recruit.
- Revamped Demon Fusion – Demons will have affinities for certain skills, so players can better plan the outcome of fusions.
- Classic SMT Combat – Prospective Hunters will exploit weaknesses, boost attributes, and unlock skill bonuses with the returning Press Turn and Smirking systems.