Nintendo and its third parties have more to offer this week on the eShop than the past few weeks combined. If you have a Wii U, Star Fox 64 hits the service today. It’s my favorite game in the series and totally worth checking out if you haven’t already (or if you just want to relive the nostalgia). The graphic are a bit dated, but it’s still a good game.
If you have 3DS, Nintendo surprised everyone by throwing a demo up for Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World. This generation there hasn’t been a focus on demos on any of the platforms, so it’s nice to see this one get some promotion.
Of course, don’t forget that tomorrow (Friday, January 20) is the release of Dragon Quest 8 on the 3DS! It’s one of the best Japanese RPGs ever created and definitely one to grab to pass the time between now and the Nintendo Switch’s launch on March 3.
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King – Uncover the story of the Cursed King as you save the world from a twisted magician in this genre-defining role-playing game. Across the vast world you’ll wage turn-based battles against more than 250 monsters designed by artist Akira Toriyama. This updated classic also includes new dungeons, bosses, items, quests, scenes and a new possible ending!
- Punch Club – Punch Club is a boxing tycoon management game with multiple branching storylines. Your goal is clear, but how you get there depends on whether you want to legitimately climb the rankings, or take the more ridiculous, shady route.
- Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World – Demo Version – Before the Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World game launches for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on Feb. 3, try it out with this free demo. Download it now to experience the beautifully handcrafted world and clever side-scrolling action.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Star Fox 64 – The Lylat system has been invaded! In this Nintendo 64 classic, take control of the Arwing and skim over the surface of an alien sea, weave through the concrete canyons of a futuristic metropolis or dodge planetoids the size of mountains. Complete 15 missions on your way to the final showdown on planet Venom. It’s up to Fox McCloud and his team of space mercenaries to save the galaxy from the clutches of the evil Andross.Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- January Digital Deals – Nintendo kicked off its first Nintendo eShop sale of the year with January Digital Deals. Fans can save on select digital games for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U systems, and My Nintendo members can get extra bonus savings on eligible games. Sale ends 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 25. See the details at www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.Also new this week:In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console, the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.