We’ve previewed Battle Princess Madelyn in the past. It has been announced as coming to the Nintendo Switch, as well as a host of other platforms. The developers have taken their project to Kickstarter to try and generate enough money to finish the game.
Right now, assuming you were solely interested in a digital copy of the game, you could join The Connoisseur – Early Bird pledge for $35 Canadian (about $22 US). Check the official Kickstarter page for details on how to pledge, if you so choose.
Causal Bit Games has today launched its Kickstarter for Battle Princess Madelyn, seeking a modest goal of $60,000 CAD and unlocked the Pre-Alpha to the public to sample pledging!
Set to release on Nintendo Switch and Wii U, PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Battle Princess Madelyn looks to honor classics such as Ghouls N’ Ghosts and Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon’s Trap. Although the game style may be pleasantly familiar, the game has its own distinct and unique qualities and features – including an original story written by a professional children’s author that has hand drawn artwork bringing the game to life.
“After what seems like an eternity, we’re finally ready to show the world Battle Princess Madelyn! We’ve been hard at work over the last few months refining our Pre-Alpha build in order to let our fans sample our game before they pledge on our Kickstarter.” said Creative Director at Causal Bit Games, Christopher Obritsch. “We are also pleased to reveal that we have teamed up with Limited Run Games to offer some incredible physical rewards for supporting us on our crowdfunding journey and beyond. Play our Pre-Alpha and if you like it, please support our campaign!”
Game Features Include:
– Old School gameplay and presentation
– A mixture of gameplay styles all merge to become one polished offering
– Soundtrack by John McCarthy of Nintendo Quest fame & a true retro style FM/PCM arcade style soundtrack by the legendary Gryzor87
– Utilization of the Unity engine giving incredible dynamic lighting effects
– Special (and secret) weapons for special occasions
– Ten levels, with up to five stages each, with some hidden for players to discover
– Plus much, much more