Nintendo Digital Download Thursdays
New on Nintendo Switch this week is the original title Snake Pass from Sumo Digital. You control a snake who must traverse difficult terrain, coiling up bamboo shoots and slithering through tight spots to collect items, find keys, and make it to the end of the stage alive. Our full review is here and you can download right now from the eShop for $19.99.
If you’re into the 2D side-scrolling run-and-gun co-op games of years past, you’ll be happy to learn that Metal Slug comes to the Nintendo Switch today. This NEO-GEO classic features intricate sprites and amazing animation that could only be achieved on a 24-bit system.
Wii U gets blessed with Pikmin 2. This is the Wii version of the GameCube classic and features Wii Remote pointer controls to make it easier than ever to corral your Pikmin and give them orders. Although I would suggest Pikmin 3 over Pikmin 2, they’re both fun games and worth playing.
The rest of the week’s digital download content is below:
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Snake Pass – A unique physics-based puzzle platform game, Snake Pass challenges players to think like a snake as they tackle precarious puzzles as only a snake can. Slither through long grass, coil around bamboo and climb out of trouble in the latest game from award-winning independent studio Sumo Digital.
- Wii Retail on Wii U
- Pikmin 2 – In this Wii version of the classic Nintendo GameCube sequel, Captain Olimar and his sidekick, Louie, travel to a strange alien world on a mission to pay an employer’s debt. Command squads of Pikmin to help locate valuable treasures, explore mysterious environments and battle pesky enemies along the way. Strategy is key when choosing which Pikmin to deploy for any given task.Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Great deals this week include Punch Club, Gourmet Dream and several more! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- Runbow: Bowhemoth Theme
- Runbow: Music Theme
- Runbow: Satura Theme
- Runbow Theme
- Runbow Theme BundleAlso new this week:
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console, and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published across a wide spectrum of media sites. He’s currently the Editor-In-Chief of Nintendo Times and contributes to Gaming Age.