Nintendo Digital Download: Blast Before You Play
It’s a very slow week for releases on the eShops across the board. Part of the reason for that is that the usual Neo Geo release happened already on Tuesday of this week. If you haven’t already bought Blaster Master Zero, then you’ll be happy to see that there will be a demo released today to give you a taste of what you’ve been missing!
NBA Playgrounds is also coming to the Nintendo Switch. It will arrive on Tuesday of next week and promises to deliver arcade-style basketball.
Bonk’s Revenge comes to the Wii U Virtual Console. This classic TurboGrafx-16 game is a fun side-scrolling action/platforming game and a great addition to anyone’s library.
The rest are below:
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- NBA Playgrounds: Classic NBA arcade action is back! Take your “A” game to the playground and beat the best in high-flying 2-on-2 basketball action. Collect your favorite players from a massive roster of current and retired NBA superstars from every team. NBA Playgrounds will be available on May 9 in Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo Switch console.
- Blaster Master Zero – Demo Version – Blaster Master Zero, the 8-bit style action-adventure game, is getting a few new updates – starting with a free demo on Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo Switch console. If you were curious about the game, now’s your chance to try it out and blast some mutants. And if you have the game already, the version 1.2 update adds some fun new experiences, like a new “hard mode” that you can access after clearing the game. Also new is the EX Character Mode, which allows you to play through the entire game as one of many new DLC characters that will be available for purchase.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Bonk’s Revenge – Bonk is back in this TurboGrafx-16 sequel! Bonk’s Revenge is a side-scrolling action game in which you Jump and “Bonk” (head butt) your enemies while you make your way to the goal at the end of each stage. Double – even triple! – your attack power by eating the meat that appears in a stage. There are eight different hidden bonus stages, and the Dinosaur Train that appears after you defeat a boss will change depending on how many Smileys you’ve collected.Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.Activities:
New Street Fighter themed My Nintendo Rewards – To celebrate the release of the Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers game for the Nintendo Switch console on May 26, My Nintendo is offering rewards featuring select games in the Street Fighter franchise!
To learn more about these and other My Nintendo rewards, head over to https://my.nintendo.com/.Also new this week:
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published across a wide spectrum of media sites. He’s currently the Editor-In-Chief of Nintendo Times and contributes to Gaming Age.