The summer is heating up with some hot eShop action. Releasing today is Flip Wars for the Nintendo Switch. It is a multiplayer action game where you must flip the most panels to your color to win.
Also releasing for the Switch today is Ironcast. This is an amazing puzzle/strategy game that is part steampunk, part roguelike, and addictive as can be. We have our full review up right here. You don’t want to miss this one.
Severed released on Tuesday of this week. It’s a fun adventure game from the creators of Guacamelee. You have to use the touchscreen in this game, so you can only play in handheld mode. You get to explore a vast underworld where the only way to survive is to slice off the limbs of monsters. We reviewed the 3DS version and loved it!
Plus, don’t forget that next Tuesday is the release of the highly anticipated Sonic Mania! New zones, enhanced music, and gameplay mechanics from the Genesis Sonic games are smashed together into one epic action game. We’re eager to play the final version!
Those eager to try out Monster Hunter Stories on the 3DS don’t have to wait much longer. Later today the free demo will be available on the eShop!
Read on for the full press release:
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Flip Wars – This tense multiplayer action game will have you stomping to flip over panels—and unwitting opponents. To win, flip the most panels to your color in local battles*, online** or single-player. The more you flip, the faster you’ll move in a mad dash to nab power ups. Increase your flip range, turn invincible, and more across three modes and 12 arenas.
- Sonic Mania – 2D Sonic is back in a new adventure. In a celebration of past and future, play as Sonic, Tails and Knuckles as you race through new Zones and fully re-imagined classics, each filled with exciting surprises and powerful bosses. Go head to-head with players in Competition Mode or play in Co-Op Mode with a friend. Welcome to the next level for the world’s fastest blue hedgehog. Sonic Mania will be available on Aug. 15.
- Severed – From the creators of the Guacamelee! Game and inspired by classic dungeon crawlers, Severed puts players in the role of a one-armed warrior named Sasha who wields a living sword on her journey through a nightmarish world in search of her family.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- MONSTER HUNTER STORIES (Demo Version) – Venture into monster nests to collect eggs and hatch a wide array of species with uniquely powerful skills. Form teams, battle alongside them, crush opponents with combo attacks and ride into the sunset a champion. Need more muscle? Then mix and match genes to create monsters with more abilities.Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Fire Emblem Heroes – Fans of the mobile game will see a flurry of activity this week.
- Starter Support Events: Beginner and veteran Summoners alike will have a chance to strengthen their armies. During this event, they can summon five-star versions of four popular Heroes, and enjoy special log-in bonuses.
- Hero Fest: 12 a.m. PT Aug. 10 to 11:59 p.m. PT Aug. 17 at: Here comes a Starter Support Hero Fest to help out new Summoners. It features some great Heroes at a boosted starting appearance rate of 5 percent.
- Log-In Bonuses: Now through 11:59 p.m. PT Sept. 10: You can earn up to 60 Orbs! Here’s how:
- Starter Support Log-In Bonus: Receive 20 Orbs if you log-in between now and 11:59 p.m. Aug. 24.
- Six-Month Anniversary Celebration Log-in Bonus Part 1:Receive 20 Orbs if you log-in now through 11:59 p.m. PT Aug. 21.
- Six-Month Anniversary Celebration Log-in Bonus Part 2:Receive 20 Orbs if you log-in between 12 a.m. PT Aug. 22 and 11:59 p.m. PT Sept. 10.
- New mode: Arena Assault: In this mode, you’ll need to use a different team of Heroes in each map for a real challenge.
- New feature: Catalog of Heroes: Check out all the Heroes you’ve met so far.
- Plus, the Max Hero Merit limit has been raised from 2,000 to 3,000+.
- New updates: Tempest Trials Get Powered Up: The event runs 12 a.m. PT Aug. 11 until 11:59 p.m. PT Aug. 24.
- Auto-Battle will automatically continue until you clear all maps or your team is defeated.
- Team Management for Multi-Map Battles: You’ll be able to create up to 10 reserve teams.
- New Stage with level 10 foes.
- Score Bonus: Each day, you’ll get triple the points the first two times you head into battle.
- Stat Boost for Bonus Allies: When you use Bonus Allies in Tempest Trials, they’ll get a 10-point boost to HP and a four-point boost to all of their other stats. They also will earn double experience and SP.
- CelebrateKirby’s 25th Anniversary with activities throughout August – It’s been 25 years since Kirby debuted in the Kirby’s Dream Land game on the Game Boy system. That’s worth celebrating! You can redeem your points and get these celebratory Kirby 25th Anniversary items:Also new this week:
*Additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.**Nintendo Account required. Online services and features, including online gameplay, are free until the paid Nintendo Switch Online Service launches in 2018.