Nintendo Download: Striking Azure Skies
One could say this is a slow week for game releases, and that would be semi-true. You see, the way Nintendo promotes its digital downloads is that if a game comes out on a Tuesday, then they promote it the Thursday before. So, technically we just got Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle added to the eShop this week, but that was in last week’s update article. That’s also happening this week, with Nintendo promoting the release of Lego Worlds and R.B.I. Baseball ’17, which won’t actually appear on the eShop until next Tuesday. The more you know!
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- LEGO Worlds – The LEGO Worlds game is a galaxy of imaginative Worlds made entirely of LEGO bricks that lets players explore, discover and create together. Starter Worlds help players master the skills and tools they’ll need to unlock their true creative potential and explore myriad Worlds. LEGO Worlds will be available on Sept. 5.Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.Activities:
- Fire Emblem Heroes
- Choose a Special Hero for Your Army – Before the Fire Emblem Heroes mobile game launched, a Choose Your Legends event was held to determine the most popular Fire Emblem characters. Now special versions of the four winning Heroes can be summoned in game. Plus, to thank fans for their participation, we’re letting them pick whichever one of these four Special Heroes they like best for FREE (without using Orbs)! The one chosen will be summoned as a five-star Hero. Then, players can use Orbs for a chance to summon the other three Heroes. But act fast – this event ends Sept. 14 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Voting Gauntlet – The top eight finishers from the Choose Your Legends event are going head-to-head. Get in on the action before it ends on Sept. 5 at 8:59 p.m. PT.
- My Nintendo Rewards
- Celebrate a month full of Pokémon games with new My Nintendorewards. On Sept. 22, the fast-paced fighting game Pokkén Tournament DX lands on the Nintendo Switch console. On that same day, two of the most beloved Pokémon games of all time, Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version, arrive on the Virtual Console service for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. To help celebrate, My Nintendo is offering some great, themed Pokémon rewards. Redeem your points now and get the new September calendar to help you prepare for the big day.
Also new this week:
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published across a wide spectrum of media sites. He’s currently the Editor-In-Chief of Nintendo Times and contributes to Gaming Age.