The Nintendo eShop updates today at Noon pacific for the games releasing today. Many don’t release until tomorrow or next Tuesday. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will arrive tonight at 9pm PT / 11pm CT / 12am ET. It’s the last big Nintendo game to come out for 2017 and should be an excellent choice for JRPG fans!
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – Lost in a sea of clouds, entire civilizations rest on the backs of Titans. As the giant beasts march toward death, the last hope is a scavenger named Rex – and Pyra, a living weapon known as a Blade. Can you find the fabled paradise she calls home? Command a group of Blades and lead them to countless strategic victories before the world ends. Each Titan hosts its own distinct cultures, wildlife and diverse regions to explore. Search the vast open areas and labyrinthine corridors for treasure, secret paths and creatures to battle and index. The Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game will be available on Dec. 1.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – Expansion Pass – If you own the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game and buy this Expansion Pass, you’ll gain access to some titanic new content, including new story content in fall 2018! On Dec. 1, the Helpful Item Pack will roll out, with the New Quest Pack opening up in January. Plus, the New Rare Blade Pack will be added to the game in spring, with the New Challenge Mode Pack next summer.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – Free Japanese Voice Pack – On launch day (Dec. 1), after downloading a free software update, users will have the option to download a free DLC pack that will allow players to play the Nintendo Switch game with Japanese audio and English subtitles.
- Nine Parchments – Nine Parchments is a co-op blast-’em-up game of magic mayhem. The game combines real-time spell-shooting action with RPG elements. Level up your character and collect magical loot, filling your wardrobe with myriad wizard hats and powerful staves. The Nine Parchments game launches on Dec. 5.Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Nintendo eShop Cyber Deals – Treat yourself this holiday season with big savings on select digital games. Shop on Nintendo.com or in Nintendo eShop on your Nintendo Switch, Wii U or Nintendo 3DS family system to purchase and download games to play over the holidays. My Nintendo members also earn Gold Points on qualifying digital purchases, so it’s a win-win. The sale runs through 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 11.Activities:
- Fire Emblem Heroes Update – The recent free update to the Fire Emblem Heroes mobile game adds a ton of cool features to the mobile game. These new features include:
- Book II of the Main Story Has Begun – The saga of Fire Emblem Heroes moves on to the next chapter. Meet Fjorm, Princess of Ice, and get her to join your team as an ally by clearing Chapter 1: Part 5 of Book II.
- A Legendary Hero and new Blessings Have Been Added – A new Legendary Hero has been added. Fjorm is the first of them, but in the future, you’ll have the chance to obtain others, too. Legendary Heroes have one of four legendary elements (Water, Wind, Earth and Fire) that resonate with the corresponding Blessing to give Heroes strength. With these Blessings, different Legendary Heroes will give different stat bonuses.
- Level Up Your Skills with the Weapon Refinery – Strengthen the weapon skills of your Heroes! After clearing Chapter 13 in the main story and then clearing the Intermission chapter, The Rite of Blades, the Weapon Refinery can then be found under Advanced Growth. With Weapon Refinery, some existing weapon skills can be improved with boosted stats or even additional abilities. Other weapons can even be upgraded into high-level weapons skills.
- Fire Emblem Heroes Bonuses – To celebrate the major 2.0.0 update for the Fire Emblem Heroes game, you can receive a Log-in Bonus of free Orbs up to 10 times until 10:59 p.m. PT on Dec. 12. These Orbs can be obtained from your Present List. But that’s not all: A double EXP and SP event will also take place until 10:59 p.m. PT on Dec. 4.My Nintendo Activities:
- Happy December! (available on Dec. 1) – The holiday season is right around the corner, and we’re celebrating all month long with Mario games. Redeem your My Nintendo points and get discounts on favorites that the whole family can enjoy:
- 30 percent discount on Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (Nintendo 3DS)
- 30 percent discount on Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (Wii U)
- 50 percent discount on Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo 3DS / Wii U)
- 50 percent discount on Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Wii U)
- 40 percent discount on Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
- You can also redeem your points and get these full DLC packs for the Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) game*:
- Mario Kart 8 DLC Zelda
- Mario Kart 8 DLC Animal Crossing
- You can still redeem your points for these festive Mario rewards, too:
- Mario Nintendo 3DS HOME menu theme
- Mario Holiday wallpapers
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Wallpaper – To celebrate the launch of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, My Nintendo is offering a special December calendar and wallpapers featuring imagery from the game. Redeem your My Nintendo points for these rewards:
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – Kingdom of Uraya Wallpaper
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – Argentum Trade Guild Wallpaper
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – Argentum Trade Guild December 2018 Calendar
- Nindie Game Gold Point Rewards Vol. 2 – Got Gold Points? Get select games! This holiday season, My Nintendo users can redeem Gold Points for some of the hottest indie games on Nintendo platforms. For a limited time, redeem points to download select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games from talented independent developers. Users will receive a download code that is redeemable in Nintendo eShop.
Also new this week:
- OPUS: The Day We Found Earth (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Arcade Archives Traverse USA (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)*The full version of the Mario Kart 8 game is required in order to purchase the DLC.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.