Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Upcoming Update Detailed
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has been out for almost two weeks now and it’s receiving its first free update. Starting on Friday, December 22, some quality of life improvements are coming to the new JRPG. One of the most helpful will be the ability to press the X button and have the map immediately show your current location. Right now players must navigate between multiple menus to drill down to this information, so this will make it much easier to find locations and fast travel to other areas.
One of the more annoying aspects of the game is how you level up Poppi, an artificial Blade in the game. You must play a small mini-game called Tiger! Tiger! and while it’s kind of fun to mess around with the amount of grinding and replaying of the game can become rather tedious. An easy mode is being added to this mini-game. We don’t know the details of what this changes, but we’re hopeful it doubles the rewards or something like that to make the grind less, well, grindy.
The full post from the director of the game, Mr. Takahashi is below. Expect our full review of the game in the coming week(s) – we’re in the thick of things now!
Greetings to everyone playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2. This is Director Takahashi at Monolith Soft. Today I’d like to talk about the main updates that will be seen in the Ver. 1.1.1 update, which will be distributed next week on Friday, December 22.
In addition to some bug fixes, we will address the following points:
- An easy mode will be added to Tiger! Tiger!
- When you press the X button, the Skip Travel screen will open the map to your current location. We hope this will make it easier to spot Skip Travel locations and Salvage Points on the map.
- An additional 1:1 zoom on the mini map will be displayed by pressing the L Stick. This will allow improved visibility of your surroundings and make it easier to check quest locations.
We will further improve the convenience of the mini map as we add more quests and additional elements for second playthroughs next year for all players (not just those who purchased the Expansion Pass!) We appreciate your continued patience.
- In your second playthrough, you will be able to have “those” Blades join your party! You can also dispatch Blades like Pyra and Dromarch as a Merc Group, and unlock the “LV 4 Special” of a certain Blade.
- We will distribute the following useful items to those who purchased the Expansion Pass:
– Driver Essentials Set: 10 x Rare Core Crystal, 1 x Legendary Core Crystal, 3 x Overdrive Protocol
– Upgrade Parts for Poppi: 30,000 ether
– Pyra’s Favorite Things: 5 x Jenerossi Tea
– Nia’s Favourite Things: 5 x Ardainian Bear Carving
Monolith Soft will continue to add improvements that will make the world of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 even more enjoyable for a long time. And even though there may be times when we cannot address every need immediately because we are working on these improvements in parallel with the Expansion Pass, we truly appreciate your continued support for Xenoblade Chronicles 2!
For more information about Xenoblade Chronicles 2, visit the official site.
My Nintendo™ is celebrating with a special December calendar and wallpapers featuring imagery from the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game. Redeem your points for these rewards today!
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published across a wide spectrum of media sites. He’s currently the Editor-In-Chief of Nintendo Times and contributes to Gaming Age.