Fe Arrives Digitally For Nintendo Switch On February 16
Fe has impressed us ever since we first got our first glimpse of it at E3. The game has a unique art style and we really love the almost Avatar-like glowing forestry present throughout the vast environments. You’ll be able talk to other creatures and take control of various modes of travel. We’re looking forward to giving this one a try on February 16!
Fe is a new type of platform adventure where the story is up to you to discover, without handholding, told wordlessly through the discoveries you make during gameplay. At the heart of the experience is a tactile, analogue song mechanic that allows you to communicate and speak to every living thing in the forest.
Learn a diverse array of animal cries that allow you to befriend or manipulate any creature – even plants. Have birds guide you, bears fight for you and have plants grow berries that help you overcome the Silent Ones.
Run, climb, and glide your way through a dark Nordic forest and explore its living, breathing world filled with secrets, legends and mystical creatures. Become Fe and discover a world that you will never want to leave. Fe launches on February 16th for the Nintendo Switch.
SPEAK THE LANGUAGE OF THE FOREST
- Sing in tune with any animal or plant in the world of Fe.
- Master a diverse array of cries to befriend the fantastical flora & fauna in the forest and let them
help you on your journey.
- Use the Joy-con motion controls to sing in tune with creatures and plants to unlock new abilities.
- Leverage a mix of these abilities to unlock and traverse new areas of the forest.
- Each song has a distinct sound and feel thanks to HD rumble, so you can experience each encounter in a different way.
- Each having uniquely distinct attributes, abilities and behaviors that aid the players progression.
A WORLD WORTH EXPLORING
• Embark on a voyage of discovery in a sprawling forest, where everything is connected, and nothing is what it first seems.
- Meet, interact & rescue wondrous animals & plants from the menacing Silent Ones in a variety of visually stunning, memorable and lovable environments.
- Secret places, hidden artifacts, old ruins, shortcuts and powers makes exploring fun even when you’re not finding “the way forward”.
- Powers enable you to perk up Fe with up to 10 unique abilities that make traversing the world a breeze.
- Fe has 8 main quests, 8 songs/cries to master & 8 interconnected areas to explore.
UNCOVER THE MYSTERIES OF NATURE
- Aid fantastical creatures in hand-crafted short stories with multiple solutions.
- Make unexpected discoveries on your journey through the forest, unravel the mysteries of the Silent Ones whilst slowly learning the secret of Fe’s origin.
- The entire story of Fe is open for your own
interpretation and through minimal handholding and tutorials leaving you to make your own discoveries.
UNPARALLELED FREEDOM OF EXPLORATION
- Gracefully glide from tree to tree.
- Use stealth and agility to evade danger, spy on
nature & hide in the shadows from the Silent Ones.
- Climb your way to treetops to plan your next move.
- Effortlessly traverse the entire forest without loading
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published across a wide spectrum of media sites. He’s currently the Editor-In-Chief of Nintendo Times and contributes to Gaming Age.