Nintendo Digital Download: Climb The Crystal Mountain
It’s time for more Nintendo eShop download goodness! Today Celeste finally arrives for the Switch. This 2D platform game will have you playing as Madeline on a quest to climb Celeste Mountain.
Pokémon Crystal arrives on the 3DS eShop on January 26 (9am PT / 11am CT / 12pm ET) so get ready to catch’em all – again!
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- Celeste – Brave hundreds of hand-crafted challenges in this super-tight platformer, as you help Madeline survive her journey to the top of Celeste Mountain. The controls are simple and accessible, but with layers of expressive depth to master, and every death is a lesson. Lightning-fast respawns keep you climbing as you uncover the mysteries of the mountain and brave its many perils.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Pokémon Crystal Version – Originally released for the Game Boy Color system in 2000, the Pokémon Crystal game added several new features to the Pokémon franchise. For the first time, players could choose a female or male character, and Pokémon battles featured animation. And now, this game is available in 2D via the Virtual Console service and invites you to explore the Johto region again—or for the first time. The Pokémon Crystal Version game launches on Jan. 26 at 9 a.m. PT.Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Nintendo Switch eShop Sale – Looking for something new to play? Download great digital games to play anytime, anywhere—and in a whole new way—with Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch system. Starting at 9 a.m. PT, you can get up to 30 percent off select digital games for Nintendo Switch. My Nintendo members also earn Gold Points on qualifying digital purchases, so it’s a win-win. Act fast, though, as this sale only runs until Feb. 1 at 8:59 a.m. PT.
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.Activities:
- Kirby My Nintendo Rewards: Let the battles begin! Kirby is back with pink ’n’ puffy My Nintendo rewards to celebrate the launch of the Kirby Battle Royale game. Visit my.nintendo.com for the latest reward information.
- My Nintendo Presents Nindie Game Gold Point Rewards Vol. 3: Got Gold Points? Get select digital games! My Nintendo users can redeem Gold Points for some of the hottest digital indie games on Nintendo platforms between Jan. 26 and March 25. During this limited time, users can redeem Gold Points to download select Nintendo 3DS and Wii U digital games from talented independent developers. Users will receive a download code that is redeemed in Nintendo eShop. Visit https://my.nintendo.com/news to see a list of the games.Also new this week:
- Tales of the Tiny Planet (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published across a wide spectrum of media sites. He’s currently the Editor-In-Chief of Nintendo Times and contributes to Gaming Age.