ARMS Version 5.1 Free Update Has Released Bringing Tournaments
Although Nintendo announced that no further major updates (new fighters and stages) would be coming to ARMS, they are continuing support for game tweaks, balances, and even some new features. Version 5.1 released today and this free update brings a new Gallery feature that allows gamers to unlock illustrations using in-game currency or by fulfilling certain conditions.
A new Tournament Mode has been added with all ARMS unlocked. This mode allows gamers to really try out every combination in the game.
The full details of the 5.1 update are below!
- Added new “Gallery” feature. Unlock amazing illustrations using in-game currency, or by fulfilling certain conditions.
- Added new badges.
- Added badges earned when certain pairs of fighters rack up battles together.
- Added badges earned by repeatedly using each ARM.
- And so many more!
- New additions to Party Crash.
- ARMS Labs have manufactured the ultimate version of Hedlok. It will appear only in Party Crash.
- ARMS Labs have thought up some new Bonus Periods. Look out for them!
- If a featured fighter is losing by more than 1000 points in the current lobby, the bonus for using them will increase from 1.5x to 2x. Time for some comebacks!
- Added “Tournament Mode.”
- A mode made for tournaments with all ARMS unlocked.
- When in Tournament Mode you will be unable to play other modes such as Grand Prix or Ranked Match, and you won’t receive badges or in-game currency. Records will also not be recorded.
- You can switch between Normal Mode and Tournament Mode on the Top Menu by holding in the R Stick and pressing L and R.
- Fixed an issue where Dr. Coyle’s extra ARMS would not fire correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the Ramram would stop moving in mid-air.
- Fixed an issue in Skillshot, where the Tribolt would fail to return after punching.
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published across a wide spectrum of media sites. He’s currently the Editor-In-Chief of Nintendo Times and contributes to Gaming Age.