My Nintendo Gold Points Redeemable On Select Switch Games
We’ve known for awhile now that Nintendo was revamping its Gold Point system for the My Nintendo rewards site. This new update has gone into effect today and allows you to spend your Gold Points to get discounts on select Switch games on the eShop or Nintendo.com. As of this writing the eShop is down for maintenance and the Nintendo site has disabled purchases. This should all be fixed soon:
If you’re curious about the details of the new program, we’ve screen captured it below:
- Gold Points expire after 12 months on the last day of the month in which they were earned.
- Purchases made on Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, or Wii U, or on Nintendo.com (where available), will automatically earn Gold Points based on 5% of the total paid amount (excluding any points or discounts used).
- When purchasing retail package versions of Nintendo Switch software, points will be awarded when the software is registered via the HOME Menu on Nintendo Switch.
- Purchases of Nintendo 3DS or Wii U DLC do not qualify to earn Gold Points. Additionally, subscriptions, passes, in-game items, or virtual currency do not qualify to earn Gold Points.
- When redeeming a download code, Gold Points will be issued automatically.
- Gold Points for physical Nintendo Switch software can only be claimed within one year of the game’s original release date for countries in the North American and Australian regions, and within two years for the European region.
- Gold Points can be used toward eligible digital game and DLC purchases for the Nintendo Switch system, excluding passes, automatic renewals, in-game items, and virtual currency.
[Source: My Nintendo]
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published across a wide spectrum of media sites. He’s currently the Editor-In-Chief of Nintendo Times and contributes to Gaming Age.