Back in 2011 Bandai Namco released Go Vacation for the Wii. At the time it was somewhat looked over and brushed aside as yet another sports game that utilized the Mii characters. However, for those that actually played it, the game was pretty darn fun. Now Nintendo is bringing the game over to the Switch with updated graphics.
Go Vacation for the Switch arrives on July 27, 2018 and supports up to 4 players on one system or wireless for local play. There are over 50 different activities to participate in with a huge island to explore. You’ll do everything from racing ATVs to horseback riding and kayak competitions. The Wii version of the game was compatible with pretty much every accessory imaginable, including the Balance Board, the Racing Wheel, and the Zapper. The Switch doesn’t have all that plastic (yet), but you can use the Switch Joy-Con Wheel if you like for the racing games. Check out the trailer and official press release below!
A resort vacation is always at your fingertips with the new GO VACATION game for the Nintendo Switch system. From sky diving and beach volleyball to tennis and even snowball fights, Kawawii island offers something for everyone, with more than 50 different games and activities to enjoy. Check out a new trailer for the game by visiting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDG_siAbPQE.
Created by acclaimed developer BANDAI NAMCO, GO VACATION includes a variety of cooperative and competitive games that can be played solo or with up to four players via a single Nintendo Switch system or local wireless (additional accessories are required and are sold separately). Several activities offer the option to use motion controls, making swinging your tennis racket and throwing snowballs even more fun and immersive.
Discover new surprises each day as you adventure through the four different resort areas on Kawawii island. While exploring – either on foot, on horseback, on a snowmobile or more – you’ll discover numerous collectibles, challenges and other opportunities to level up and customize your character. Decorate your own villa, enjoy a delicious meal at one of the food trucks and snap in-game photos of the dozens of adorable animals hiding in each resort. Regular challenges and presents, like special costumes and different dog breeds, will keep you coming back for hours of Kawawii island adventures.
For more information about GO VACATION, visit https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/go-vacation-switch.
There are all sorts of exciting ways to explore the island, from horseback to buggies, snow mobiles to inline skates. And to add to the fun, up to 4 players* can enjoy visiting and discovering every corner of the island together!
If you’re playing multiplayer, each player can use just one Joy-Con™ controller. Experience hours of fun and something new every day. Customize your character, costumes, vehicles and even pets! Daily presents and challenges mean that you will want to keep coming back to the island of Kawawii to explore more terrain and play through activities all over again. Mii or in-game characters of friends and family may show up, and if they do, you can compete against them anytime. Or customize your very own villa by earning over 450 pieces of furniture.
- Kawawii Island is a paradise resort with 50+ co-op and competitive activities
- Explore four huge paradise resorts: Marine, City, Snow, and Mountain on horseback, underwater, or a variety of other vehicles
- Enjoy leisure activities like scuba diving, horseback riding, and sea fishing
- Try out extreme sports like skydiving, surfing, and skateboarding
- Compete to be the best at a variety of other fun activities like skiing, beach volleyball, and tennis
- Up to 4 players* on one system or local wireless**, with variety of control styles, including motion control
- Share a Joy-Con™ controller with a friend for instant multiplayer fun
- The Joy-Con™ Wheel accessory is optional for steering vehicles (sold separately)
- Customize your character with outfits and choose a dog companion from various breeds
- Daily presents include new breeds of dogs or costumes
- Daily challenges appear in sets of three across the island
New on Nintendo Switch
Marine & Mountain fishing with 30+ species of fish
40+ types of animals to photograph and store in your in-game photo collection
Find boxes filled with rewards dropped by a plane