What ended up being a surprise to no one, Fortnite released on the Nintendo Switch eShop earlier today as a free download to play Battle Royale. What is surprising is that voice chat is scheduled to arrive for the game this Thursday and according to Epic Games you’ll be able to hook up any old chat headset via the Switch’s built-in headphone jack. That’s right, you won’t need to use the Switch Online App or anything else to talk to your friends. Now, why can’t it be this easy for every other game? The only big concern is that if you’re playing it in docked mode on the TV, you’d potentially need an extra long headset cord.
Jump in to be the last one standing in the free 100-player Battle Royale! Build huge forts. Outwit your opponents. And squad up together online with friends in the same room or around the world!
- BUILD & DESTROY – Shape the battlefield by building your own cover. Opponent hiding behind a wall? Take out their cover to get the edge.
- GEAR UP – Board the battle bus and drop in on your favorite zone. Gather resources, collect gear, and battle your opponents!
- SQUAD UP WITH FRIENDS – Team up online with your friends around the world or in the same room with local wireless play.
- WEEKLY UPDATES & EVENTS – Updates constantly fuel the fun with new gameplay modes, outfits, weapons and items.
- CROSS-PLAY AND CROSS-PROGRESSION – Link your Epic account to play with friends on other supported platforms and keep your Battle Pass progress, unlocks, items, and challenges.
If you would like to download this game for free, please visit https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/fortnite-switch.