Runbow Finds Its Footing & Gets Solid Release Date
The developers have worked out the kinks and Runbow is now set to arrive on the Switch on July 3, 2018. The game was a hit on the Wii U and should bring people together for more rivalry on the Switch!
The colorful award-winning running chaos party game Runbow finally got a solid release date for PlayStation®4 and Nintendo Switch™, it’s the 3rd of July for the digital version (one day before Independence Day). The retail Deluxe Version will come a bit later in Q3, including all DLCs and two beautiful stickers!
Runbow features an eye-catching color mechanic that has racers brawl against each other while objects and platforms appear or disappear based on the continually changing background color. All multiplayer modes can be played by up to 9 players simultaneously online, while it features 8-player local multiplayer madness on Nintendo Switch as well as 4-player local chaos on PlayStation®4. Besides that, it contains several co-op modes, also playable with that amount of players, as well as a bevy of content in its single-player modes that will test the skills and minds of any seasoned platformer.
Runbow, and all its multiplayer madness, is coming to Nintendo Switch and PlayStation®4! The world of Runbow changes with each swipe of the background, so you’ll have to stay on your toes as platforms and obstacles disappear – If you can’t see it, it doesn’t exist. Fast, frantic, and fun for up to nine players, Runbow is filled with tons of modes and content to keep you running back for more.
- Go head to head with your friends, locally or online, in Run, Arena, or King of the Hill, for a colourful, crazy competition. Host a Private Game for you or your friends, or hop into an Open Party and take on the world!
- Tons of costumes and indie guest characters are waiting for you to unlock, including Shovel Knight, CommanderVideo, Shantae, Lilac, and many more.
- Save Poster District from the evil Satura in Adventure, and choose your own path through a massive map of over 140 single player levels.
- Take on The Bowhemoth, a single, ultra-difficult challenge in the belly of a colossal beast. On your own or with friends, it’s sure to test the skills of even the toughest platforming veterans.
- Hundreds of pieces of unlockable Gallery content await you, from concept art to characters, and even some hidden secrets…
With nine-player online madness or with up to four players locally, five game modes, 19 guest characters, hundreds of levels, and tons of more content all in one unforgettable colorful game, this is the crazy, color-based platformer you’ve been waiting for! Get ready to Runbow!
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published across a wide spectrum of media sites. He’s currently the Editor-In-Chief of Nintendo Times and contributes to Gaming Age.