Cosmic Star Heroine Brings 16-Bit RPGs Back To The Switch
Cosmic Star Heroine has a release date for Switch: August 14, 2018 and it looks like it was ripped straight out of the glory days of 16-bit JRPGs. The graphics and sprites are detailed and look like something from the Super NES, but the cinema scenes and CD music give it a sort of Sega CD or TurboDuo sheen of quality to make it stand out even more. Perhaps this game could have been released on the Super NES CD-ROM attachment that never made it out, but no worries, because almost 30 years later we’re getting a crack at it on our Switches!
The game will retail for $14.99 on the eShop, but if your pre-order it right now you get a 10% discount, bringing it down to $13.49. This one looks like a winner to us!
3 exotic planets to explore. Aliens. Robots. Magic. Forbidden technology. Conspiracies. A galactic threat. And one brave heroine to make things right. Cosmic Star Heroine is an exciting RPG from the creators of Cthulhu Saves the World.
– The best of classic and modern RPGs!
– Brisk pacing that respects your time! Save anywhere!
– No separate battle screen! Battles take place directly in the areas that you explore!
– 2D visual style straight from the height of gaming’s 16-bit era!
– Animated cutscenes reminiscent of the early CD-ROM console era!
– Soundtrack by HyperDuck SoundWorks (Dust: An Elysian Tail, Precipice of Darkness 4)!
– Over 100 minutes of music!
– Multi-character combo techniques!
– Innovative turn-based combat system that focuses on flow & strategy!
– Your own spaceship! Recruit new agents to help your home base grow!
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published across a wide spectrum of media sites. He’s currently the Editor-In-Chief of Nintendo Times and contributes to Gaming Age.