Nintendo Digital Download: The Dark Crystal Materializes
Lots of new games are hitting the Nintendo eShop between today and next Wednesday. Which ones will you be picking up?
This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
- The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics – Lead a fledgling resistance of Gelfling against their oppressive overlords, the Skeksis, across more than 50 unique, turn-based tactics RPG battles. Along the way, you will recruit and customize new allies by assigning them jobs, modifying their abilities and outfitting them with equipment to ensure victory. The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics will be available on Feb. 4.
- Skellboy – Life was peaceful in the Cubold Kingdom until the king’s evil court magician got dumped by the princess. With his heart broken and his rage fueled, he called upon the evil spirits to resurrect the dead and the kingdom’s long-forgotten monstrosities. This action-RPG will truly test your skill as you explore the interconnected world of Cubold to a soundtrack of rocking chiptune songs.
- Byleth Joins the Fight in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Teach your opponents a lesson in discipline! Byleth, the skilled mercenary and tactician from the Fire Emblem series, enters battle as the newest playable character in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game. Byleth’s unique ranged play style enables a new host of combat strategies in the game. The purchase of Byleth’s Challenger Pack* for $5.99 also includes the Garreg Mach Monastery stage and 11 newly added music tracks from the Fire Emblemseries.
- Six New Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Fighters Available for Pre-Purchase – The ultimate celebration of legendary video game characters keeps growing! Fighters Pass Vol. 2*, which will include six more Super Smash Bros. Ultimatefighters currently under development, is now available for pre-purchase for only $29.99. Players will get access to six more yet-to-be-announced Challenger Packs as they release, which will each include one new fighter, one stage and multiple music tracks. Those who purchase Fighters Pass Vol. 2 will also receive an exclusive costume for Mii Swordfighter, the Ancient Soldier Gear from The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game, available for use in-game now!
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at https://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch:
- 7th Sector – Available Feb. 5
- Arc of Alchemist
- Arcade Archives TECMO BOWL
- Ascendant Hearts
- Ash of Gods: Redemption – Available Jan. 31
- Aviary Attorney: Definitive Edition
- Bookbound Brigade
- Bridge Constructor Ultimate Edition – Available Jan. 31
- Eclipse: Edge of Light
- HYPERCHARGE Unboxed – Available Jan. 31
- Indie Gems Bundle – JRPG Edition – Available Jan. 31
- Milo’s Quest – Available Jan. 31
- Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Videogame 3 – Available Feb. 4
- Never Again
- Not Tonight: Take Back Control Edition – Available Jan. 31
- Orbitblazers – Available Jan. 31
- PHAR LAP – Horse Racing Challenge
- Please The Gods – Available Feb. 3
- Prison Princess
- Reknum – Available Jan. 31
- Sisters Royale: Five Sisters Under Fire
- Sparkle 4 Tales
- Speaking Simulator
- Super Battle Cards – Available Jan. 31
- Touchdown Pinball – Available Jan. 31
- UORiS DX
- Wide Ocean Big Jacket – Available Feb. 4
- Willy Jetman: Astromonkey’s Revenge – Available Jan. 31
*Full version of game required to use DLC; sold separately.
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop, which offers a variety of options for the Nintendo Switch console, the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published across a wide spectrum of media sites. He’s currently the Editor-In-Chief of Nintendo Times and contributes to Gaming Age.