Darius Cozmic Collection Console & Arcade Come To Switch On June 16
Great news for fans of classic space shooters. Darius is back – this time in two separate collection for the Nintendo Switch. The first is Darius Cozmic Collection Console and will include six console titles with a total of nine different versions. The second is Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade and it includes four different games with seven versions. Both are coming to the eShop on June 16. Here’s the breakdown:
Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade
Darius is one of the pioneers of side-scrolling shoot ’em up games, developed by legendary Taito Corporation and first released for arcade machines in 1986.
Experience four different titles across seven versions of the classic Arcade games!
This download includes the following four titles (seven versions) from the Dariusarcade series:
- Darius (Arcade, original version)
- Darius (Arcade, new version)
- Darius (Arcade, extra version)
- Darius II (Arcade, Dual Screen version)
- SAGAIA (Arcade, ver.1)
- SAGAIA (Arcade, ver.2)
- Darius Gaiden (Arcade)
Darius Cozmic Collection Console
Experience one of the most influential horizontally scrolling shoot ’em up series of all time!
Developed by the legendary Taito Corporation and first released for arcade machines, the monumental Darius Cozmic Collection Console offers six of the best console entries in the long-running series in a total of 9 versions!
This download includes the following six titles (nine versions) from the Darius home console series:
- Darius II (Mega Drive, JP version)
- SAGAIA (Genesis, US version)
- SAGAIA (Master System, EU version)
- Darius Twin (Super Famicom, JP version)
- Darius Twin (Super NES, US version)
- Darius Force (Super Famicom, JP version)
- Super Nova (Super NES, US version)
- Darius Alpha (PC Engine, JP version)
- Darius Plus (PC Engine, JP version)
Craig has been covering the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published across a wide spectrum of media sites. He’s currently the Editor-In-Chief of Nintendo Times and contributes to Gaming Age.